Millions of would-be entrepreneurs wish to promote issues on ebay. eBay is the #1 home-business alternative on the earth proper now, so it is pure that many are keen to search out extremely worthwhile objects for re-sale on eBay. However, it is vital to know that there are particular objects that may’t be offered. Here are a dozen of them …
Some objects are copyright infringement and might really land a vendor in federal jail:
1. Knock offs of music, TV exhibits or films. The “bootleg” films, for instance, are sometimes made by guys who sneak a film digital camera right into a newly-released film the place presumably, they crouch behind a seat and make a crummy copy. There is a big manufacturing of those counterfeit objects in Asia the place US legal guidelines don’t have any energy.
2. Software and pc video games can likewise be copied and their sale is prohibited by all US legal guidelines.
Naturally, the objects above could also be offered when you have a duplicate that you simply bought legitimately and now not need.
three. The so-called “replica” marketplace for purses, designer sun shades and clothes is certainly forbidden though these things are sometimes offered in bodily shops across the US. Ironically, when attending eBay Live In New Orleans in 2004, we discovered a retailer in one in all their well-known markets promoting reproduction purses that weren’t allowed on eBay.
four. Lazy and less-than-honest sellers typically steal copyrighted materials from different sellers. This has occurred to me many occasions and eBay has a program known as VERO (Verified Rights Owner) that can take away offending auctions, though there appears to be no penalty connected to the vendor, which is unlucky.
5. Alcoholic beverage gross sales will not be allowed though a beverage “container’, particularly these of wine, could also be offered for its worth.
6. Cigarettes, cigars, smokeless tobacco or coupons for such objects will not be permitted on eBay.com.
The eBay guidelines for collectible tobacco and alcohol containers are the identical:
* The worth of the merchandise is within the collectible packaging, not within the wine/tobacco itself.
* The itemizing description ought to state that the package deal has not been opened, however that the twine/tobacco inside just isn’t for consumption.
* The collectible tobacco packaging should not be out there at any retail outlet, and packaging should have a price that considerably exceeds the present retail worth of that wine/tobacco product within the package deal.
* Sellers should take steps to make sure that the client of those collectibles is no less than 18 years of age
7. Firearms are strictly regulated by US legislation and might not be offered on eBay.
eight. Satellite and cable TV descramblers are forbidden by the Federal Trade Commission.
9. Animals and wildlife merchandise might not be offered, which incorporates stuffed birds and pelts from endangered species. There are restricted gross sales of ivory, tortoise shell, marine merchandise and different objects regarding animals. This space is kind of complicated and any would-be vendor must completely perceive the varied legal guidelines earlier than getting concerned in these gross sales.
10. Event tickets have state-by-state legal guidelines that make their sale complicated. Some states, for example, forbid anybody to make quite a lot of in revenue (or no revenue in any respect) on the resale of tickets. For occasion, Florida legislation states that tickets could be resold at not more than face worth plus $1. In such states, these rules apply solely to consumers and sellers positioned in the identical state because the precise occasion, that means if a vendor lives in Florida, he cannot revenue from ticket gross sales to Florida occasions. However, if he lives in any of the opposite 39 states, this restriction does not apply.
11. Listing a catalog of things vendor presents on the market is forbidden. The solely catalogs legally offered on eBay are collectible varieties, resembling an outdated Sears Roebuck or Montgomery Wards catalog that’s memorabilia and does not supply present merchandise on the market.
12. Raffles and prizes are 100% prohibited. According to eBay, such promotions are extremely regulated and could also be illegal in lots of states.
There are other forms of merchandise vendor might not promote on eBay, so rigorously examine eBay guidelines earlier than itemizing something. It’s a lot better to know the principles prematurely of spending cash that may’t be recouped.